When you’re ready to get started, log in to your corporate account and follow these steps:
1. Access “Group Administration” page by selecting your profile name in the top right corner of the main webpage.
2. Select the “Employees & Groups” portion of this page. After choosing the Groups option, you will see the “Add New Group” button. Select that to create a group for the employees that you will be uploading.
3. Assign the group a name that you will be able to identify later. Enter a description if you would like (optional). Click “Save”.
4. Once the group is created, you will be able to find it in your list of groups in the “Group Section”. Select this group by clicking the “Select” button to the right of the description.
5. Once you have selected the group you will be adding to, you will need to capture the Group Name that allows the system to correctly route and assign users to this group as you add them.
6. Once you have the Group Name, you are ready to create the CSV file to bulk upload your employee list. This can be found in the Employees Section by selecting the white “Or bulk employees” button.
7. Download the “CSV template” and you can begin to build your list.
- Enter the First Name, Last Name, Email, and Phone Number in Columns A, B, C & D respectively.
- If you have the user’s phone number you can include it in Column D, but if not you can drag the “dummy” number provided as a sample for all profiles as a placeholder and they can update their contact info when they place their order.
- Column E is titled “Group”. Employees must belong to a group in order to receive an order permission. Groups are created under Management and must exist before adding employees to them via CSV. Enter the Group Name exactly how the group name appears, with the same characters, spacing, and casing, in the Admin Tool. To separate groups, use a comma.
- Column F is titled “Employee ID”. This is a free text field that you can use to filter & analyze data later when looking at your invoice and past orders. A few examples of what you could include in this column are team name, department, etc.
- Column G is titled “Location”. If the organization is invoiced by location, this field is required. Locations are created under Settings and must exist before adding employees to them via CSV. The Location Name must be entered exactly as how the location name appears, with the same characters, spacing and casing, in the Admin Tool. You may only enter one Location value for each row in the CSV (meaning an employee cannot be assigned to multiple locations).
- Column H is the “SSO Identifier”. If the organization is enabled for SSO (single sign on), this field is required. SSO is enabled on the Edit Client page and must exist before adding employees via CSV. Enter the employee’s SSO identifier exactly as how it appears, with the same characters, spacing and casing, in the Admin Tool.
- Columns I and J are codes to reference the users’ office location or department. These can be left blank for most virtual meetings with external clients.
- If the organization is invoiced by department, this field is required. Departments are created under Settings and must exist before adding employees to them via CSV. Enter either the Department Name. The Department Name must be entered exactly as how the department name appears, with the same characters, spacing and casing as how it is spelled in the Admin Tool.
- If the organization has sub-departments set up, then this field is also required. Note that sub-departments are set up on the Edit Client Page. Enter the sub department’s name exactly as how it appears, with the same characters, spacing and casing, as how it is spelled in the Admin Tool.
- Column K indicates if a diner has allocation ordering enabled. This column may not be applicable if you don’t have the allocation feature enabled for your account. Allocation permission allows one user to place a single order for a group of fellow employees and allocate from each employee’s line of credit or allocate against multiple expense codes.
- Column L is how you can Bulk Delete these users. To do this, you include the word Yes for each user you would like to delete. When originally adding these users, this field should be blank.
8. Save the completed form. IMPORTANT – Make sure this is saved as a csv file
9. Select the “Browse” button to locate the file you just saved. Once selected, choose the “Upload CSV” at the bottom of the page. NOTE: If you encounter any errors while uploading your csv, please refer to the bottom of this article for troubleshooting.
10. Now that the users have been added to the Group you created; you will want to assign the appropriate order permission. Select the “Order Permission” section found at the top of the page and click the “Add New Permission” button.
11. Name your permission and set the time window that you would like to allow this order to take place. You can choose the exact date and set an hourly window or give the user an extended opportunity to use the budget by selecting weeks on the top of the page. (Note that for remote meetings, be sure to select the option for any location.)
12. After saving the permission, you will need to assign it to the group that was previously built. Choose the group to attach the permission to and on the right-hand side, define the amount the budget should be for. Click “Save Permission” at the bottom of page.
If you have any questions or issues ordering, please reach out to our Client Relations Team for assistance via phone: (844) 478-2249 option 3 or email: [email protected]
Troubleshoot Common Bulk Upload Errors
- Error message “Last name is required” – Fix by adding the last name of the user in the highlighted row to the appropriate column on the EIS. First name, Last name, Phone number, and Email are all required for upload.
- Error message “Group is required” – Fix by adding the user in the highlighted row to a group that you created on the account. Users must be assigned to a group on the EIS.
- Error message “Group doesn’t exist” – Fix by creating a group within the admin portal of your account and tie all users to the applicable group. A group or department must exist on the account first before attempting to upload a user to that group or department. It is recommended that copying/pasting straight from the account will help reduce misspellings, causing upload errors.
- Error message “Department doesn’t exist” – Fix by creating a department within the admin portal of your account and tie all users to the applicable group. A department must exist on the account first before assigning to a user on the EIS.
- Error message “This location doesn’t exist” – Fix by creating the location within the admin portal of your account and tie all users to the applicable location. Location doesn’t need to be added to upload a user, but if a location is being listed on the EIS for a user, it must exist in the account first.
- Error message “Phone number is invalid” – Fix by adding an accurate phone number or dummy phone number for the user in the highlighted row to the appropriate column on the EIS. Dummy phone numbers starting with ‘555’ or toll free numbers such as those starting with ‘888’ won’t work in upload.
- If allocations are turned on for an account, the “Allocations Permitted” field only works if it is left blank which would default to allow allocations for a user, or with a “yes” or “no” answer – “y” or “n” will not work.