With the rise of hybrid and in-person working models, companies have a renewed focus on employee wellness. From offering gym perks to hosting lunch, companies are always looking for ways to boost employee morale and increase engagement.
To create a fun and engaging workplace for everyone, it’s important to provide the tools needed to promote a work-life balance. Here’s a look at three ways companies can help employees achieve a better work-life balance.
1. Offer Flexible Working Arrangements
Although work flexibility may mean different things to each business, letting employees take time off, switch up their work locations, or alter working hours can help them balance their workflow. Recent studies suggest that when companies offer flexible work options, they can decrease work-related stress levels for employees and significantly increase overall job satisfaction.
Flexible working arrangements allow employees to allocate their time in a way that fits their schedule, enabling them to fulfill their personal and professional responsibilities. Due to advances in technology, it’s easier than ever for employers to accommodate non-standard working arrangements. If you want to offer employees flexible work options, here are a few options you can consider:
- Switch to a permanent hybrid work model. In a hybrid workplace, employees can choose to work from home or another location of their choice on some days and still pop into the office for important meetings or to collaborate in person with teammates or clients.
- Allow for flex time. Let employees log their weekly hours whenever it’s convenient for them. That way, they can volunteer at their kids’ schools or take a morning workout class without using up vacation time.
- Compress your work week. By compressing a 40-hour work week into four 10-hour days, employees end up with an extra day off. That can be particularly valuable to families that pay for childcare or workers who have substantial commutes. Many employees also find that having an extra weekday off makes it easier to run errands and schedule health care visits and other personal appointments.
- Offer additional time-off benefits. Perks such as half-day Fridays, shortened summer hours, or floating holidays can foster a better work-life balance and improve employee morale.
2. Provide Meal Perks
For employees who typically spend 8 hours at work, finding healthy and easy lunch ideas can be a challenge. Rather than taking the time to enjoy a full meal, busy workers may be tempted to satisfy hunger cravings at a convenient vending machine.
Employers can help simplify lunch by providing meal perks:
- Make lunch breaks count by having meals safely catered a few times each week. Grubhub makes it easy to cater delicious meals from restaurants across the country. Account admins can select the budget, restaurant, number of meals and the delivery date and time. By using our individually boxed meals filter, you will only be shown restaurants that individually box the food instead of preparing platters. Boxed catering meals promote safety and make it easy for teams to social distance by quickly grabbing their box. Individually boxed catering meals are a great option for teams looking to easily feed meetings, small gatherings, and more.
- Allow teams to place a group order from a variety of local restaurants. For companies looking to offer meal perks for in-office teams, Grubhub offers individually boxed group orders. To start a group order, admins can select the restaurant options, choose an ordering window and can even set automatic orders to be delivered daily. Group orders arrive together and are individually bagged and labeled, which helps to discourage food sharing and eliminate waste.
- Provide individual meal credits. Individual meal perks are an easy way to foster inclusion in a hybrid work environment. Everyone gets the same meal budget and can order something they love, wherever they’re working. It’s also an efficient option as it eliminates the need for personal credit cards, expense reports or the labor intensive task of collecting addresses.
3. Challenge Workers to Step Away From Their Desks
Regular exercise can play a role in an employee’s well-being. Here are a few ways employers can challenge workers to step away from desks and get moving:
- Offer discounted gym memberships. A discounted or complimentary gym membership can incentivize employees to get in some movement during the day.
- Present employees with “steps” challenges or other fitness contests. As part of your company’s rewards and recognition program, offer incentives for workers who meet daily, weekly, or monthly step goals. These prizes can encourage employees to increase activity levels. Try setting group challenges to add a team-building component to the experience.
- Allow employees to exercise during business hours. Whether they use an onsite fitness center, their own gym membership, or a membership provided by the company, allowing employees the flexibility to workout during the work day can help them achieve a better work-life balance.
Empowering Your Employees to Achieve Better Balance
Empowering employees to achieve better work-life balance can help boost employee morale. A corporate ordering solution like Grubhub can make offering meal perks for employees simple, stress-free and cost-effective. Contact us today to see how Grubhub can work for your team.