At Grubhub, we’re committed to having a positive impact in our communities, which is why we are proud to share that we enabled more than $22 million to communities nationwide through company and Grubhub Community Fund supported programs in 2022. Take a look at how the money was spent and learn about our new philanthropic vision.
Delivering for the Community
Here are a few ways we served the community in 2022:
- Supported 34 national and regional nonprofit organizations facilitating work in our three focus areas through the Grubhub Community Fund. These partnerships make up a network of more than 400 organizations providing access to essential needs like food, access to capital and to opportunities that drive mobility and impact.
- Distributed 527,902 meals and 2.8 million pounds of food through 14 nonprofit partnerships funded by the Grubhub Community Fund. Even better, more than 70% of the food distributed came from food recovery programs which means it would have otherwise gone to waste.
- Provided an additional 17,500 meals purchased from local independent restaurants to serve families and individuals living in housing authorities, senior centers, and veterans’ residences in 35 districts across the five boroughs of New York City through our Serving the City program.
- Granted 20 drivers with $10,000 each to make a positive impact on their community.
- Amplified the impact of our employees by matching 432 employee donations to local nonprofits across the country.
- Aided in rapid response through the Grubhub Community Fund, which provided $1,250,00 in Ukraine support to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and World Central Kitchen and provided $100,000 in support to Bronxworks, Inc. to help 120 families re-establish housing following the devastating Bronx fire. Additionally, we facilitated $25,000 in aid to Feedmore Western New York as they worked to provide support to the communities devastated by the mass shooting in Buffalo, NY.
Our Philanthropic Vision
As the food service industry reset post-pandemic, we had the opportunity to rethink how we support the people and communities where we operate. More than ever, we are focused on what it means to make a difference and drive impact as we execute against our new vision. The stories of the individuals, families and communities impacted by our efforts continue to inspire us. Our new vision, supported by the Grubhub Community Fund, includes three focus areas:
- Supporting Independent Restaurants – We supported independent restaurants through $9.6M in grants to more than 1,000 restaurants last year.
- Working to Close the Hunger Gap – Supported more than 545,400 meals and distributed 2.8M pounds of food in 2022.
- Creating opportunity in the Hospitality Industry – Enabled $800,000 in grants to nonprofits and Grubhub drivers creating meaningful change.
As we look ahead to 2023, we’re focused on creating more impact in the communities we serve.
How Can Your Company Support Local Restaurants?
A great way your organization can support its community is through a Grubhub Corporate Account. By providing your employees with a meal budget, you’re directing money to local restaurants, not to mention keeping your team happy. Get started today.