Last year was a time to come together as a community to uplift and support those who needed it most. Our restaurants, diners and drivers kept communities going and it was important to understand how we could best serve them during the unprecedented time. From feeding frontline workers to providing 1 million meals to organizations dedicated to feeding those in need, our goal was to lend a helping hand wherever we could.
Delivering for the Community
Here are a few ways we served the community in 2020:
- Created the Grubhub Community Relief Fund, a donor-advised fund supporting charitable organizations that help restaurants, drivers and those in need impacted by COVID-19, which raised over $15 million last year.
- Partnered with the Restaurant Strong Fund on a $2 million grant program to help restaurants winterize, providing selected restaurants with $10,000 grants.
- Introduced the Grubhub Driver Grant Program to provide $10,000 grants to qualified drivers inspiring change in their communities through education, civic engagement or philanthropic work.
- Launched the Plating Change program in partnership with Marcus Lemonis to support local restaurants across the country and help those facing food insecurity.
- Directed the money raised from our Donate the Change program to World Central Kitchen for six weeks – amounting to nearly $3 million – with all money going to its “Restaurants for the People” program.
- Provided 1 million meals to organizations dedicated to feeding those in need, such as the NYC Food Bank, Rescuing Leftover Cuisine and MEANS Database.
- Helped the Boys & Girls Clubs of America open 45 clubs across the country, providing a safe environment for children of frontline workers.
- Worked with partners Verizon & Hellman’s Food Relief Fund to provide tens of thousands of free meals for healthcare workers across the New York City area.
Looking for ways to support local restaurants?
We may not know what the rest of 2021 will bring, but we will no doubt keep lending a helping hand when it’s needed and continue supporting our restaurants, drivers and diners. A Grubhub Corporate Account is one way you can help support your local restaurants and community too. By providing your employees with a meal budget, you’re directing money to restaurants at a time when it’s needed most.